Want a no-fail, no-bake easy as can be recipe for a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup stand-in? Try these No-Bake Chocolate Tahini Bars.
All that’s required is a little heating of the chocolate, blending of the tahini mix, then a quick pour, spread and chill.
If you do not have tahini, you can substitute peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc. I add homemade crumbs to give the bars structure and setting strength, but if you don’t have breadcrumbs or graham cracker crumbs, you can easily omit them and the bars will still be delicious.Print
No-Bake Chocolate Tahini Bars — the perfect stand-in when you’re craving a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup
1 1/2 cups tahini
1/2 cup almond butter
1 cup fine breadcrumbs
1/2 cup maple syrup
4 cups chocolate chips
1. Set aside 2 Tbps of tahini to mix with the chocolate
2. Mix tahini and almond butter with breadcrumbs and maple syrup until all ingredients are incorporated together and the mixture is smooth and cohesive.
3. Pour tahini mixture into a square or rectangular baking dish that has either been greased with butter or oil, or lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Pat down and smooth over with a spatula to ensure mixture is evenly distributed.
4. Melt together remaining 2 Tbsp. of tahini with chocolate chips over a double boiler or nonstick saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. When chips are fully melted, let cool for a minute or two and pour mixture over the tahini mixture. Again, spread with a spatula to even out this top layer of chocolate.
5. Place baking dish in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill. Cut up into squares and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: No-Bake Chocolate Tahini Bars