Easy recipe for black sesame custard pie
- 1 recipe of your favorite pie crust – rolled out, shaped into pie pan and frozen for 1 – 2 hours.
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup black sesame seeds, divided into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- 1 cup mashed banana, mashed berries, or berry jam.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Puree together 3/4 cup sesame seeds and milk. Blend on high power for at least 1 full minute.
- Whisk eggs together.
- Strain milk. Heat milk to scalding. Off heat, add 1 tablespoon at a time milk to eggs, until you’ve added 6 tablespoons. Add egg mixture to remainder of milk in pan, add sugar and 1/4 cup whole sesame seeds and whisk continuously for 3 minutes. Allow too cool.
- Press mashed bananas, berries or jam into bottom of pie shell.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then lower oven heat to 375F and bake an additional 40 – 50 minutes. Allow to cool completely and, preferably, chill overnight to properly set custard. Slice and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American